Taiwan Time

Another excellent Edublogs.org blog

Hello world!

October 17, 2007 by rigrand211 · 2 Comments · Uncategorized

Hello; we are the Grandersons.   We are going to Taiwan to teach English in an elementary school in Taitung.

I, Irving, and my lovely wife, Ruthie, have  taught 35 and 30 years respectively.  This includes four years together in the Peace Corps teaching in Ghana,  Africa.

We have been teaching in the Rogers School District for the last 22 years and it has been a great place to work.

I am a career science teacher mainly in grades 6-9;  Ruthie is a high school math teacher.

We are looking forward to our assignment.  Taitung is a smaller city by Taiwan standards and is located on the east coast.  I am  excited to live next to the ocean.  Growing up and living in Arkansas I have not had the chance to see the ocean much so it should be fun.   There is  a good beach 1.5 km long near Taitung.

Two other teachers from Rogers are also going to Taiwan with us.  They are Carolyn Scott (with her husband Gene) and Marilyn Hodgin.  We have become friends and will tackle this adventure together.

More later on “Taiwan”                      S. Irving Granderson

2 Comments so far ↓

• Gene Williams

Irv, glad to see that you have your blog site working. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

• Lisa Mills

Hi Irv and Ruthie!! Merry Christmas. I just got home from the LAST day of school for the year 2007. It is nice weather here and has been so far this year…no snow days. Hope we don’t get any this year.
    I love this website! I will mark it as a favorite and try to keep in touch better. You both look wonderful and happy. I am so proud of you for setting out on this adventure. Hope you are loving it!
    Lisa